Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Steve Jones - Editor (7/28/2009)

How about advanced pork chop aiming strategies for maximum developer damage?

And of course a ppt preso won't quite cut it. Perhaps use Grant as a volunteer target for demonstration purposes?

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Jeff Moden (7/28/2009)

Grant Fritchey (7/28/2009)

Jeff Moden (7/27/2009)

Grant Fritchey (7/27/2009)

Man, I'm clearly not doing things correctly. I've had to present twice a year for the last three years. I have the hardest time getting anyone, from the group or outside it, to present.

Speaking of that... when is your September meeting, Grant?

2nd Wednesday of the month. The 9th. Do I have a new speaker? What's the topic & such so I can update the web site!

I have to see if I can setup travel first. I'll let you know before the end of the week.

So far as topic or topics go, is there something that you'd really like to see?

Bad news (sort of, not really) we already have a speaker for Sept. Need one for August (anyone? Bueller?). Still, swing by. I'll buy the first round.

www.snessug.com

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Really? Is it so hard to Google "Database Design" for this person?

Gaby

• Do you guys meet monthly?

The next time I'm in New England maybe I can schedule to be your area around a meeting time.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jack Corbett (7/28/2009)

Do you guys meet monthly?

The next time I'm in New England maybe I can schedule to be your area around a meeting time.

Yep. Once a month. We'd love to have you.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Luke L (7/28/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (7/28/2009)

And of course a ppt preso won't quite cut it. Perhaps use Grant as a volunteer target for demonstration purposes?

-Luke.

Whoa! When did I make the list?

• Grant Fritchey (7/28/2009)

Luke L (7/28/2009)

-Luke.

When you volunteered, of course! :w00t:

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Luke L (7/28/2009)

-Luke.

Nothing better than a lilve demo. Although it sounds like Grant may not be exactly a willing volunteer.

On a completely different note - the personal plates reminded me that I had some on a 1967 Z/28 Camaro I owned in high school.

Z First

Wish I still had that car......

Greg E

Luke L (7/28/2009)

-Luke.

Not sure, but apparently right before you noticed you had another speaker? :Whistling:

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Steve Jones - Editor (7/28/2009)

Just be careful of starting an internecine battle. There are more of we developers in the world than DBAs. :smooooth:

• john.arnott (7/28/2009)

Just be careful of starting an internecine battle. There are more of we developers in the world than DBAs. :smooooth:

Only problem is that we have Pork Chop and Karate experts here.:-D

-Roy

• john.arnott (7/28/2009)

Just think. It'll be like Pork Chop Hill all over again.

• Roy Ernest (7/28/2009)

john.arnott (7/28/2009)

Only problem is that we have Pork Chop and Karate experts here.:-D

And we are the battle hardened warriors in the trenches. We support what you have written while you go off on the next great project. 😉

• That's not the real problem. The real problem is that the DBAs are in charge of the database that contains our salary information.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• GilaMonster (7/27/2009)

Serious? Thought all of those had been changed 15 or so years ago. I know that up here, a registration plate in the old format, regardless of what province it's from, is considered out of date and is asking for you to get pulled over by Metro.

Is your local government still debating the change? (I know it takes forever to get anything done in the Cape, bit this is pushing things a little.... ;-))

Why are you Vaalies always picking on us? :angry: Just coz we don't pick up the phone before 9AM? May have to do with the fact that the sun rises almost an hour later than up there in JoBurg. Then again, we are just more of a Meditarraenian type of folks, live with the daylight, take a break at lunchtime, just enjoy life away from work.

Just kidding. Hope your Metro Police is aware that we do indeed still have the old and perfectly legal CA license plates and they don't shoot us at first sight. Please let them know that not every Capie is a Gangster emigrating norteastwards.

Oh, no btw, local gov down here has never debated the issue of changing the license plates as far as I'm aware. Doesn't make sense to swap out a few million plates in the first place, unless you are in the business of number plate manufacturing (yeah, that's a private business job down here in WP to you guys outside SA). The scheme GP went for is flawed anyhow. Belgium went the same way (three letters plus three digits) sometime in the early 70s after running out of 5 mixed letter and digit combinations, now they had to reverse the order (three digits and three letters) coz they ran out of valid combinations yet again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 7,021 through 7,035 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply