Are the posted questions getting worse?

• And now for something completely different, a coworker, non-DBA, forwarded me this link. I thought it was a hilarious Dilbert: http://www.dilbert.com/strips/comic/2009-11-01/[/url]

Edit: Fixed hyperlink

Gaby

• Grant Fritchey (12/7/2009)

CirquedeSQLeil (12/7/2009)

Extremely Urgent my Exam is only 1hr today.

Here's my IM address, just send me the questions and I'll plug in the answers... they'll all be 100% correct too... honest...

As I pointedly asked someone some time back "If I give you the answers and you pass the exam, do I get the certification?"

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Steve Jones - Editor (12/7/2009)

OK, I couldn't resist: http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic829828-338-1.aspx

Beautiful.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (12/7/2009)

Grant Fritchey (12/7/2009)

CirquedeSQLeil (12/7/2009)

Extremely Urgent my Exam is only 1hr today.

Here's my IM address, just send me the questions and I'll plug in the answers... they'll all be 100% correct too... honest...

As I pointedly asked someone some time back "If I give you the answers and you pass the exam, do I get the certification?"

You could email MS and explain the situation to see if they would grant you the certification. 😀

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Grant Fritchey (12/7/2009)

Nah, I'm just peeved because of... well, read for yourself.

Oh man. Bob, I LOVE your reply to that thread. What I was thinking, but too polite to say.

Yes, indeed - awesome reply.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Steve Jones - Editor (12/7/2009)

OK, I couldn't resist: http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic829828-338-1.aspx

Steve, explanation about journey was very apt.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

Steve Jones - Editor (12/7/2009)

Beautiful.

Yes, indeed. Most excellent.

Learn Extended Events

• On the subject of homework , its a bit old now, but this ask question was a bit slack on even pretending

http://ask.sqlservercentral.com/questions/1681/need-help-with-queries-please

Nice cut and paste of questions , link to the Gina Greens area at Baylor uni.

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Now we are a PC Help Desk.

Edit: The post at the other end of the link above has been deleted, so don't try following it.

• At least he put it in the Hardware section of the Forums....

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• ... and where's the script for the table(s) and sample data? 😛

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (12/7/2009)

... and where's the script for the table(s) and sample data? 😛

1 more question, 32 Bit or 64 Bit System?

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Lynn Pettis (12/7/2009)

Now we are a PC Help Desk.

Looks like the post got removed while I was writing my reply to it.

GSquared

I can think of several things that could have gone wrong with it.

I charge $200/hour or fraction thereof, for that kind of technical support to non-family/friends. Do you want to contact me about arranging a support contract? I do take PayPal. (SQL help is free, because I get appropriate value from this site, pc hardware support I always charge for.)

If not, I suggest getting a hold of tech support for the web cam. The manufacturer usually provides that for free.

(For some reason, when I mention the price, and the fact that there's a free option, I seem to lose these customers every single time.)

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Number 6 (12/7/2009)

At least he put it in the Hardware section of the Forums....

They're talking about fixing mice, what are you doing here Alvin? Run! Run!

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Too bad it is gone now - probably U2 drivers. Tried to respond to it - but I think Steve got to it.

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 9,706 through 9,720 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply