Are the posted questions getting worse?

• It was 60F before the snow hit, a couple days in fact. Last Jan I think we averaged about 50F for the month, which is fairly warm out here. Without the humidity 50F here is like 32F back east.

• Bru Medishetty (12/10/2009)

ray 78019 (12/10/2009)

Hi Greg,

If I understand correctly, if I open the DTS in SQL Server Management Studio (2005) and save it under a different name, it'll still be saved as a DTS?

SQL Server Management Studio is in 2005 or above, it does not exist in SQL 2000.

Why don't you try it your test system and know it your self?

Do you want to create DTS packages or edit them only?

Have you tried using Enterprise Manager as suggested me earlier, and have you looked what options you have?

Why do you have questions that could be answered by yourself on a test system within an hour?

Bru,

True statement, and a good pork chop! :w00t:

• -3C/27F here (-12C/11F with wind chill)...uggh...

My vacation may not be much warmer, heading to Amsterdam to visit family for Christmas, it's a bit warmer than Toronto, but way windier and wetter I hear.

Gaby

• GabyYYZ (12/10/2009)

-3C/27F here (-12C/11F with wind chill)...uggh...

My vacation may not be much warmer, heading to Amsterdam to visit family for Christmas, it's a bit warmer than Toronto, but way windier and wetter I hear.

Especially if that little boy takes his finger out of the hole in the dyke.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (12/10/2009)

GabyYYZ (12/10/2009)

-3C/27F here (-12C/11F with wind chill)...uggh...

Especially if that little boy takes his finger out of the hole in the dyke.

LOL...I was there a couple years ago, so I'm familiar with the potential for the wet. I was surprised to hear that the bay is freshwater because it's all protected from the ocean.

Gaby

• Lynn Pettis (12/10/2009)

Bru Medishetty (12/10/2009)

ray 78019 (12/10/2009)

Hi Greg,

If I understand correctly, if I open the DTS in SQL Server Management Studio (2005) and save it under a different name, it'll still be saved as a DTS?

SQL Server Management Studio is in 2005 or above, it does not exist in SQL 2000.

Have you tried using Enterprise Manager as suggested me earlier, and have you looked what options you have?

Why do you have questions that could be answered by yourself on a test system within an hour?

Bru,

Couldn't resist Lynn, looking at the way the guy's questions were coming ...:w00t:

For those who have not seen the thread, see it here http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic831143-5-1.aspx

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Bru Medishetty (12/10/2009)

Lynn Pettis (12/10/2009)

Bru Medishetty (12/10/2009)

ray 78019 (12/10/2009)

Hi Greg,

Uggh...flashforward to a nightmare we'll have to face soon, upgrading legacy 2000 servers to SQL 2008, and of course, many, many, DTS packages (with javascript used quite a bit, which I hear is iffy in SQL 2005/2008 SSIS).

Bru,

Couldn't resist Lynn, looking at the way the guy's questions were coming ...:w00t:

For those who have not seen the thread, see it here http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic831143-5-1.aspx

EDIT: Okay, total brain fart, not sure what happened here...Holiday stress...LOL Don't know why I quoted without posting.

Gaby

Here is the fun part of living in Colorado. This past week we have had tempatures down to -13F (not including wind chill factor) and during the day between 1F and 13F. In a week or so, we could possible hit the 60F or better, in fact I have seen it hit the low 70's.

I know how you feel. Living in Utah temp changes like that happened on a daily basis some years. I love the snow and the cold doesn't bother me. However, having moved to vegas recently - I don't mind the warm weather either. We hit unseasonable lows this last week in the 40's. It was kind of funny seeing many people wearing parkas and the sort.

I think Jack should go visit Grant for a week - see how he fares.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• When I lived in LA for 10 years, it was easy to spot the native Angelinos from every one else when it

a) rained - A few rain drops and Angelinos had their umbrellas up, everyone else ignored it.

b) got into the 60s. - Angelinos had parkas on, everyone else, long sleeves, MAYBE a sweater or sweat shirt or an open light jacket. I remember my amusement at first seeing this (I grew near Rochester, NY), people bundled in parkas when it was 65F. I was used to seeing that when it got into the single digits.

After so long in LA and now in FL, my tolerance for the colder temps has decreased, but I haven't declined to the point of needing a parka in 65 degree weather. 😀

-- Kit

• Kit G (12/10/2009)

When I lived in LA for 10 years, it was easy to spot the native Angelinos from every one else when it

a) rained - A few rain drops and Angelinos had their umbrellas up, everyone else ignored it.

b) got into the 60s. - Angelinos had parkas on, everyone else, long sleeves, MAYBE a sweater or sweat shirt or an open light jacket. I remember my amusement at first seeing this (I grew near Rochester, NY), people bundled in parkas when it was 65F. I was used to seeing that when it got into the single digits.

After so long in LA and now in FL, my tolerance for the colder temps has decreased, but I haven't declined to the point of needing a parka in 65 degree weather. 😀

Short sleeves in October and November, MAYBE a very light jacket as I'm close to the lake and get some wind. That being said, it's all relative. The rest of Canada laughs at us Torontonians. A few years ago, one of our mayors in his infinite wisdom called in the army after a particularly bad snowstorm (Link Here)

Gaby

• Grant Fritchey (12/10/2009)

I'd love to come down & visit. No time soon though. Flights to Orlando are cheap. Flights to SA, not so much.

Yeah, don't remind me. I'm looking at the prices of flights to Seattle in Feb. $1650 return.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • CirquedeSQLeil (12/10/2009)

Grant lives in Southern New England, it doesn't even really get cold there and they don't even know what a real snow storm is. I lived 23 years in the White Mountains of New Hampshire before I moved to Florida, typically you could subtract 10 degrees from the temp where Grant lives and get closer to the temperature where I lived. Add about 3ft more snow over the winter too, with it staying on the ground until May, and in some areas June.

I also spent November to February up there last winter because my mother-in-law had an aneurysm, so my we had to go take care of her and my father-in-law.

I know cold, and I'm glad I don't live it anymore.

Now, if you mean having Grant make me physically pay for it, then I would be in trouble, unless I could outrun him. He's much larger than I am and he does martial arts and I don't.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• I was stationed in England for 2.5 years. You know how we knew we were having a heat wave? The old people started dying of heat stroke. They wouldn't take off their heavy wool coats when the temps hit 80F+.

At a previous employer I was talking to a coworker who immigrated from England and his workers were agast when we laughed about that.

I was stationed in England for 2.5 years. You know how we knew we were having a heat wave? The old people started dying of heat stroke. They wouldn't take off their heavy wool coats when the temps hit 80F+.

At a previous employer I was talking to a coworker who immigrated from England and his workers were agast when we laughed about that.

And you when it is winter here because the trains stop due to the wrong type of snow on the track :crazy:

Laugh!!! I nearly fell of my chair :w00t:

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Jack Corbett (12/10/2009)

CirquedeSQLeil (12/10/2009)

Grant lives in Southern New England, it doesn't even really get cold there and they don't even know what a real snow storm is. I lived 23 years in the White Mountains of New Hampshire before I moved to Florida, typically you could subtract 10 degrees from the temp where Grant lives and get closer to the temperature where I lived. Add about 3ft more snow over the winter too, with it staying on the ground until May, and in some areas June.

I also spent November to February up there last winter because my mother-in-law had an aneurysm, so my we had to go take care of her and my father-in-law.

I know cold, and I'm glad I don't live it anymore.

Now, if you mean having Grant make me physically pay for it, then I would be in trouble, unless I could outrun him. He's much larger than I am and he does martial arts and I don't.

Now, now, I grew up in Oklahoma... Massachusetts is really, really, frigging cold in the winter. I don't need to go to Franconia Notch to get chilled.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 15 posts - 9,871 through 9,885 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply