Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Grant Fritchey (1/29/2009)

...fithy rich consultant...

I wish!

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Ya grant don't rub it in, she's not a consultant anymore :P:hehe::cool:

• Ninja's_RGR'us (1/29/2009)

Ya Grant don't rub it in, she's not a consultant anymore :P:hehe::cool:

I'm not?

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• I was under the impression you were only filthy rich :D.

• Ninja's_RGR'us (1/29/2009)

I was under the impression you were only filthy rich :D.

I wish!

Gail Shaw

• Then when would NOW be the time to rectify that?

• GilaMonster (1/29/2009)

Ninja's_RGR'us (1/29/2009)

I was under the impression you were only filthy rich :D.

I wish!

So that's confirmation, she's filthy rich AND a consultant. Just like the rest of those consultants, milking companies dry, running down the economy, getting all the the really good fiber optic laser beam assemblers... bastards.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Michael Valentine Jones (1/28/2009)

Bob Hovious (1/28/2009)

What are the odds of this thread evolving into SkyNet? I have children and I am worried about their future.

Should Michael Earl be worried that a terminator will be sent back in time to stop him from making the original post?

I am actually a machine sent back from the future to start the thread. It's too late - the thread is self-aware and it knows who you are.

• Michael Earl (1/29/2009)

Michael Valentine Jones (1/28/2009)

Bob Hovious (1/28/2009)

What are the odds of this thread evolving into SkyNet? I have children and I am worried about their future.

Should Michael Earl be worried that a terminator will be sent back in time to stop him from making the original post?

I am actually a machine sent back from the future to start the thread. It's too late - the thread is self-aware and it knows who you are.

Geek pad warning... this thread ain't ever going to stop. It's going to self post within a few months.

• We do not know fear or pain or mercy. We will not stop. Ever.

• Ok, this morning is off to a strange start. I think someone has put something in your coffee!!

Where can I get a cup?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• The Thread (1/29/2009)

We do not know fear or pain or mercy. We will not stop. Ever.

OK. While I'm in absolute, bowel voiding fear from this...

I have to say, I'm lmao and now my co-workers think I'm even more insane than they already thought I was.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• The Thread (1/29/2009)

Hah! Prepare to meet...CARDINAL SCISSORHANDS!! 😛

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• The Thread (1/29/2009)

So when The Thread gets a 100 posts or so, does it become The Threadinator?

Greg E

• Greg Edwards (1/29/2009)

The Thread (1/29/2009)

So when The Thread gets a 100 posts or so, does it become The Threadinator?

Greg E

Seamingly:)

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply