Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Bruce W Cassidy (2/3/2009)

I'm still struggling with reading most of the questions. I think it's because I'm such a noob.

Nah. You're not the only one. That's the original reason for this Thread's existence.

p.s. apologies for bad spelling in ths thread or others. I'm working on a laptop with a partially working screen and partially working keyboard.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (2/3/2009)

Bruce W Cassidy (2/3/2009)

I'm still struggling with reading most of the questions. I think it's because I'm such a noob.

Nah. You're not the only one. That's the original reason for this Thread's existence.

p.s. apologies for bad spelling in ths thread or others. I'm working on a laptop with a partially working screen and partially working keyboard.

Use the force.

• Use your mind's eye... no need to use your actual eyes to post messages here. God knows that I'm unconsciously typing when I'm at my best!

• Lynn Pettis (2/3/2009)

GilaMonster (2/3/2009)

Use the force.

Yeah, no kidding qui jong whatever. Get it together.

On topic: I have trouble reading the questions sometimes when they're in nice clear, easy to understand English.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (2/3/2009)

Lynn Pettis (2/3/2009)

GilaMonster (2/3/2009)

Use the force.

Yeah, no kidding qui jong whatever. Get it together.

On topic: I have trouble reading the questions sometimes when they're in nice clear, easy to understand English.

Your link is broke (imagine if you will the repeating Monty Python...)

• I think he meant http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic642190-145-1.aspx#bm648464

Thanks for the laugh Grant... 🙂

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• And apparently I'm no longer able to work the link buttony thing... If only it were a fiber optic laser beam assembler... I'd be fine.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

And apparently I'm no longer able to work the link buttony thing... If only it were a fiber optic laser beam assembler... I'd be fine.

You are not the only one... Me too did the same thingy. 😀

-Roy

• a gee-whiz fiber optic laser beam assembler?:D

• Steve Jones - Editor (2/3/2009)

a gee-whiz fiber optic laser beam assembler?:D

Somebody has to tell me how I get one of these.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Steve Jones - Editor (2/3/2009)

a gee-whiz fiber optic laser beam assembler?:D

Standard model. She Who Must Be Obeyed makes me cut corners.

• I keep trying to tell y'all that a whizbang fibre-optic laser beam DISassembler is preferable. Like the lightsabre it's an elegant weapon... not as clumsy or random as a blaster.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

And apparently I'm no longer able to work the link buttony thing... If only it were a fiber optic laser beam assembler... I'd be fine.

I always have to edit the output from the link buttony thing. I keep thinking it is me BUT...

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• I just have to blink and be the first to ask.

Is this thread dead?

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Nah, only 24 hours between posts. We just haven't hit another question to go off on. Although there was one today where the OP finally posted DDL and test data, but it appeared to be using ORACLE (varchar2 datatype).

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply