Are the posted questions getting worse?

• The words 'Mississippi' and 'Tennessee' scare me slightly. Way too many repeated vowels, and a very low score for consonant-diversity!

Be kind, Paul. I still haven't learned the entire alphabet yet.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• The Dixie Flatline (3/19/2010)

The words 'Mississippi' and 'Tennessee' scare me slightly. Way too many repeated vowels, and a very low score for consonant-diversity!

Plus, the word fright coming from a guy who lives in a land with names like Tauranga, Rotorua, Paihia...

Where was Old Zealand, by the way?

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

The words 'Mississippi' and 'Tennessee' scare me slightly. Way too many repeated vowels, and a very low score for consonant-diversity!

Ya think he'd be safer in a place like Arkansas? 😛

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Or Alabama?

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• And what about those Midwestern States... Ohio... Iowa? Talk about consonant-challenged.

• jcrawf02 (3/19/2010)

Plus, the word fright coming from a guy who lives in a land with names like Tauranga, Rotorua, Paihia...

Let us not forget aumata-whakatangihanga-koauau-a-Tamatea-pokai-whenua-ki-tana-tahu.

Anyone wondering how to pronounce it may hear it said here: http://www.korero.maori.nz/resources/map.html

I am actually not too scared of vowels - my nearest big town is Paraparaumu!

Where was Old Zealand, by the way?

Oh shush 😀

• Don't forget us here in the Northeastern US -- we have Massachusetts!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Ray K (3/19/2010)

Don't forget us here in the Northeastern US -- we have Massachusetts!

And in Massachusetts: Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Just in case you ever wondered where Lovecraft came up with all those funky names for his monsters & aliens.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant, did you by any chance attend mighty Miskatonic University? Home of the Fightin' Shoggoths?

Grant, did you by any chance attend mighty Miskatonic University? Home of the Fightin' Shoggoths?

I went to the mighty "GinandTonic". Not sure we had the same curriculum though!!! 😀

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• I remember the first time I ever had a gin and tonic. The invitation to go out for happy hour went something like this.

1. Spring is here.

2. When spring comes it rains and the ground thaws.

3. This causes lots of mud and standing water.

4. Mosquitoes breed in mud and standing water.

5. Mosquitoes spread malaria.

6. Quinine is good for malaria.

7. Gin and tonic is the most reliable source of quinine in North Mississippi.

8. We should all go brace ourselves for a potential epidemic.

A couple of hours later, we were all prepared to nominate the invitor for the Nobel Prize in Medicine.

And what about those Midwestern States... Ohio... Iowa? Talk about consonant-challenged.

The Onion: Clinton Deploys Vowels to Bosnia

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Grant, did you by any chance attend mighty Miskatonic University? Home of the Fightin' Shoggoths?

You betcha! I've got the sweatshirt at home. I used to have the bumper sticker on my truck. Not a person has ever questioned it.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Hey kids, follow the bouncing ball and chant along with me!

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

😀

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I can't get that excited about a school whose cheerleaders all resemble Admiral Ackbar... with curls.

Viewing 15 posts - 13,006 through 13,020 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply