Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Paul White NZ (3/28/2010)

Jeff now has 20,004 forum posts! Wow.

Congrats, Jeff!

• Heh... thanks, guys. Can I relax now or do I need more for "the mug"? 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (3/29/2010)

Heh... thanks, guys. Can I relax now or do I need more for "the mug"? 😛

There has been a strange silence from the SSC editorial office. Maybe Steve is busy wrapping it up for you 😛

• How many other countries change their clocks forward in the Spring? I've woken up in the dark for the first time in weeks and my brain is complete mush.

Steve Hall
    Linkedin
    Blog Site

• BrainDonor (3/29/2010)

How many other countries change their clocks forward in the Spring? I've woken up in the dark for the first time in weeks and my brain is complete mush.

We change our clocks here on the US East Coast, but the time change and amount of natural light has little to do with how well I function prior to finishing my coffee and 10am arriving.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jeff Moden (3/29/2010)

Heh... thanks, guys. Can I relax now or do I need more for "the mug"? 😛

The mug? Sorry, 20k was for the badge. To get a mug you've got to go another 20k at least.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• BrainDonor (3/29/2010)

How many other countries change their clocks forward in the Spring? I've woken up in the dark for the first time in weeks and my brain is complete mush.

We do - though Spring won't be along until September...

• Jack Corbett (3/29/2010)

BrainDonor (3/29/2010)

We change our clocks here on the US East Coast, but the time change and amount of natural light has little to do with how well I function prior to finishing my coffee and 10am arriving.

Can't face coffee, but I understand the 10am bit. I used to just wake up, get out of bed, get dressed and face the world in one smooth sequence. 20-odd years later and I need defibrillator paddles to get as far as the bathroom.

Went to Iceland in the summer once - daylight 24 hours. I could function anytime, but would probably lose the will to live in the winter.

Steve Hall
    Linkedin
    Blog Site

• Finally got caught up reading the thread. I'm surprised it took less than an hour.

Hey Dixie, you caught up yet? 🙂

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Jeff, I just read your comment about the MS 70-433 book. I happy I did not order the MS one.

Now if that other 70-433 book would just get here!!! Mailman must be a slow reader.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• BrainDonor (3/29/2010)

Most of the US does except here in Arizona and a few other odd parts. No daylight savings is one of the reasons I love Arizona.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

• Jack Corbett (3/29/2010)

... but the time change and amount of natural light has little to do with how well I function prior to finishing my coffee and 10am arriving.

So glad I'm not the only one.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Alvin Ramard (3/29/2010)

Jeff, I just read your comment about the MS 70-433 book. I happy I did not order the MS one.

Now if that other 70-433 book would just get here!!! Mailman must be a slow reader.

I must have missed that article - what 'other' 70-433 book are you referring to? I have the MS version and I feel more like a proof-reader than someone attempting to study from it; typos galore.

Steve Hall
    Linkedin
    Blog Site

• Paul White NZ (3/29/2010)

BrainDonor (3/29/2010)

We do - though Spring won't be along until September...

So my wife's plan to tour the South island next March would mean Autumn over there? I can live with that.

Steve Hall
    Linkedin
    Blog Site

• GilaMonster (3/29/2010)

Jack Corbett (3/29/2010)

... but the time change and amount of natural light has little to do with how well I function prior to finishing my coffee and 10am arriving.

So glad I'm not the only one.

No, you're not alone. Sometimes I wake up in my office at 10am with a cup of coffee in my hand and I shout "Where am I???How did I get here!?!?"

-- Gianluca Sartori

Viewing 15 posts - 13,516 through 13,530 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply