Are the posted questions getting worse?

• The Dixie Flatline (3/29/2010)

Finally got caught up, both here and in the "Missing" thread. I tried to tell y'all last week to just ignore the interruptions and go on with the substantive discussion. Simple attention from others (not being acknowledged as being "right") is what rewards and encourages poor behavior. Rarely will people behaving badly suddenly have a change of heart and mind and admit their error.

A couple of humorous asides, because c'mon it's a Monday:

http://wondermark.com/606/

http://xkcd.com/386/%5B/quote%5D

You do know that you used a lot more words than you needed, right? The above could be shortened to 4 words: I told you so. And yes you did. Problem is, the noise kept getting in the way, sort of like how you have to swat at that nasty fly that keeps buzzing you while you are trying to enjoy a picnic.

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/29/2010)

WayneS (3/29/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (3/29/2010)

Thanks guys. You gave her the idea to ignore, and now she is ignoring me. :crying:

Aww, isn't Jason the lucky one? Do you think it's possible to tap into that and get her to ignore the rest of us on that thread?:Whistling:

Funny how it works. I want her to discuss - she ignores me. You don't want her to discuss and she pulls the show me proof paragraph each time.

I think she is ignoring Lynn too.

I wonder if she will ignore Jeff and Grant as well?

Hmm, she's talking to Jason now.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS (3/29/2010)

WayneS (3/29/2010)

Thanks guys. You gave her the idea to ignore, and now she is ignoring me. :crying:

Aww, isn't Jason the lucky one? Do you think it's possible to tap into that and get her to ignore the rest of us on that thread?:Whistling:

Funny how it works. I want her to discuss - she ignores me. You don't want her to discuss and she pulls the show me proof paragraph each time.

And using full sentences without her translator...Hmmm... Barry was right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

it just sends us into a tailspin.

What's this "us" stuff white boy?

I admit, I engaged, slightly, because of individual's comments about the lack of inclusiveness of the PASS organization. That one spun me up. But after that, I just respond to you & Lynn & Jeff and the others that are actually discussing the topic, not simply displaying the giant, ugly chip that certain individuals are carrying on their shoulder.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

WayneS (3/29/2010)

I think I made the list early. I don't think that individual has responded to any of my posts that I've noticed. Especially not the one where I call said individual on their attitudes toward PASS.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Maybe it's because your face is marred by dust and sweat and blood....

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

Maybe it's because your face is marred by dust and sweat and blood....

Several responses came to mind... all of them would just get me in trouble. I'll go with "yeah, what he said"

• Trey Staker (3/29/2010)

WayneS (3/29/2010)

WayneS (3/29/2010)

And using full sentences without her translator...Hmmm... Barry was right.

I am glad I persisted. The comments are a ton better now and it is making a lot more sense. Thus making the discussion profitable.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Grant Fritchey (3/29/2010)

it just sends us into a tailspin.

What's this "us" stuff white boy?

I admit, I engaged, slightly, because of individual's comments about the lack of inclusiveness of the PASS organization. That one spun me up. But after that, I just respond to you & Lynn & Jeff and the others that are actually discussing the topic, not simply displaying the giant, ugly chip that certain individuals are carrying on their shoulder.

I appreciate your comments. It has made the discussion better - if I am just a white boy.

Learn Extended Events

I am glad I persisted. The comments are a ton better now and it is making a lot more sense. Thus making the discussion profitable.

I was slightly perturbed by her answer to your "what are you doing about it"... essentially said "I'll tell you in a few months". And in the meantime, will she take our ideas as her own?

Edit: removed many quotes

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS (3/29/2010)

I was slightly perturbed by her answer to your "what are you doing about it"... essentially said "I'll tell you in a few months". And in the meantime, will she take our ideas as her own?

That would be annoying. However, that is a risk of the forum environment where we are holding the discussion. I didn't like that answer either - but I was kind of short in asking it. It is also evident that she is thinking more calmly and participating in a better fashion.

Learn Extended Events

Spot on.

• Okay, y'all sucked me back into the certification thread. I didn't read everything I missed, but I read most, I think. There is a good discussion going on. So now I'm back in.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jack Corbett (3/29/2010)

Okay, y'all sucked me back into the certification thread. I didn't read everything I missed, but I read most, I think. There is a good discussion going on. So now I'm back in.

Woohoo.

Now for Paul to jump in. It really is a better discussion now. Hopefully it stays that way.

Learn Extended Events

• lmu92 (3/29/2010)

Just being curious: How close is that particular behavior of that specific person to be qualified as being a Troll? (disclaimer: limited to that particular thread due to the lack of further evidence)

The subject itself is interesting. The disturbance is not.

Her spamming the same "credentials challenge" response to everyone is 100% in the Troll Zone. Up to that point, however, technically not trollism or even close, really.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

Viewing 15 posts - 13,561 through 13,575 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply