Are the posted questions getting worse?

• You know, if Paul keeps up this pace (100 pts/day average) in 2 months he'll be breathing down Barry's neck. Another 30 days, he'll quite possibly be in 4th or 5th position.

Makes me wonder, do you still have a day job, or are you just not getting any sleep at night? 😛

• GilaMonster (4/2/2010)

Paul White NZ (4/2/2010)

GilaMonster (4/2/2010)

'Table variables are not affected by explicit transaction rollbacks'?

Operations performed on a table variable within a transaction are not undone if that transaction aborts.

Except that can be read that operations don't rollback if they fail, which is untrue.

Operations performed on a table variable are not undone by a ROLLBACK statement...?

I have no future as a technical documentation writer, it seems 🙁

• Lynn Pettis (4/2/2010)

You know, if Paul keeps up this pace (100 pts/day average) in 2 months he'll be breathing down Barry's neck. Another 30 days, he'll quite possibly be in 4th or 5th position. Makes me wonder, do you still have a day job, or are you just not getting any sleep at night? 😛

I'm a bit like Barry...I don't need much sleep, no.

My working hours wax and wane with demand, been relatively easy recently.

And isn't it 30 days to Barry, then 30 days to you? 😉

• GSquared (4/2/2010)

GilaMonster (4/2/2010)

GSquared (4/2/2010)

I'd be specific. "Transactions in table variables can't be rolled back."

I dunno, that could give the impression that failed inserts/updates don't roll back (insert 10 rows, row 8 fails, there will be 7 rows in the table variable afterwards)

'Table variables are not affected by explicit transaction rollbacks'?

English can be so hard to get right sometimes...

I like that version. That's even better. ("Even more betterer", since we're already playing with the limitations of English. Might even be "bettest".)

LOL

A bettest is a female who engages in betting.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Lynn Pettis (4/2/2010)

You know, if Paul keeps up this pace (100 pts/day average) in 2 months he'll be breathing down Barry's neck. Another 30 days, he'll quite possibly be in 4th or 5th position.

Makes me wonder, do you still have a day job, or are you just not getting any sleep at night? 😛

I, too, am curious.

Learn Extended Events

• Paul White NZ (4/2/2010)

Lynn Pettis (4/2/2010)

You know, if Paul keeps up this pace (100 pts/day average) in 2 months he'll be breathing down Barry's neck. Another 30 days, he'll quite possibly be in 4th or 5th position. Makes me wonder, do you still have a day job, or are you just not getting any sleep at night? 😛

Sounds like a gauntlet throw down there.

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (4/2/2010)

Sounds like a gauntlet throw down there.

Just an observation 🙂

Lynn Pettis (4/2/2010)

Yes, your right. Brain fog today. Probably should have taken the day off.

By the way, I used to be the same. Commuted to Denver from Colorado Springs for 15 years, survived on 4 hours sleep Monday through Friday.

• Lynn Pettis (4/2/2010)

survived on 4 hours sleep Monday through Friday.

Unenviable.:cool:

Learn Extended Events

• Lynn Pettis (4/2/2010)

I used to be the same. Commuted to Denver from Colorado Springs for 15 years, survived on 4 hours sleep Monday through Friday.

Had to Google that to appreciate the distance. When I go into Wellington I usually catch the train, which takes 55 minutes each way - good opportunity for a nap 🙂

As far as points are concerned, bear in mind that 1,000 or so have been earned through QotD. I finished running through them a while ago. Found them very entertaining, and a good way to validate what I do and don't know. There are also some interesting discussions on occasion - particularly when Hugo is involved. I am placed 55th overall on QotD with 67% correct - a fair reflection of the minimal time I spent on each question, following Steve's approach.

A good way to prepare for the MCM 😉

Lynn Pettis (4/2/2010)

I used to be the same. Commuted to Denver from Colorado Springs for 15 years, survived on 4 hours sleep Monday through Friday.

Had to Google that to appreciate the distance. When I go into Wellington I usually catch the train, which takes 55 minutes each way - good opportunity for a nap 🙂

As far as points are concerned, bear in mind that 1,000 or so have been earned through QotD. I finished running through them a while ago. Found them very entertaining, and a good way to validate what I do and don't know. There are also some interesting discussions on occasion - particularly when Hugo is involved. I am placed 55th overall on QotD with 67% correct - a fair reflection of the minimal time I spent on each question, following Steve's approach.

With some of the nuggets that you've posted lately and indepth discussions what don't you know? 😛 :hehe:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

Lynn Pettis (4/2/2010)

Don't make me laugh so hard.

However, I agree on the validation of what you know vs. don't know - assuming the question/answer combination is correct. A bunch of those older questions were inconsistent and tough.

Learn Extended Events

• Trey Staker (4/2/2010)

Paul White NZ (4/2/2010)

Lynn Pettis (4/2/2010)

With some of the nuggets that you've posted lately and indepth discussions what don't you know? 😛 :hehe:

Good question. It seems that he has everything down pat.

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (4/2/2010)

Paul White NZ (4/2/2010)

Don't make me laugh so hard.

Why laugh? :blink: :crying:

• Trey Staker (4/2/2010)

I am particularly weak on: Data Collector; Extended Events; Central Management Servers; Policy-Based Management; PowerShell; and FILESTREAM.

I don't know most of what I don't know, if you see what I mean.

Viewing 15 posts - 13,786 through 13,800 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply