Are you PC or Mac

• 😎

I been a PC all my life but back in December 08, I bought the new

macbook 13" aluminum with 4GB[/url]

and upgraded to 256gb Cosair SSD and recently I bought the 24" LED screen.[/url] It's sweet!

I really loved my Lenovo T61P laptop but the Mac is just much cooler. It really does do everything a PC can especially with VMWare fusion. Mac really shines in the areas of photo editing. 😀

• I've used Macs, Linux, FreeBSD, and every Windows flavor except ME (which I deliberately missed).

Personally, I can't stand *nix, but I can understand the people who do like it.

Macs are fine. I've recommended them to people who just don't seem to get the whole, "you have to maintain your own security in Windows" thing. I don't use them much myself because I prefer to build my own computers and spend 20% as much as I would for the same performance, and you really can't do that with Macs.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• That's the one thing I don't like about Mac, the price. It can be argued that macbooks are built with higher quality than most PC laptops. But price of Macs are still high, especially in their high end systems like the Mac Pro workstations.

You can build PCs for a lot cheaper and add all kinds of cool things like RAID 0, some crazy video and sound card, etc. I use to do that back in my gamer days. You get the satisfaction of building something and customizing it far better than any manufacturer can. I actually do miss building PCs but now days time is so limited I just buy a laptop lol.

I messed around Linux, particularly Redhat and Fedora Core 2, 10, 11. Thought there were cool but they were so limited with good applications. Plus everytime a new kernel came out I'd have to recompile or fix random things. I l liked the fact that they were different from the main stream OSes.

Microsoft has the biggest advantage in application selections, games, and most of all the .NET stuff just blows everything away. It's like a developer's dream. I always flavored Windows Server because of how everything works together especially with ADS.

• I've noticed mac makes servers. Do people actually use these things? I've never ran into an environment with a mac server. As much as I love my macbook, I just can't picture anyone using a mac server.

You can actually add a mac to an ADS environment. It's really neat, only disadvantage is that you can't push a GPO to OSX. And OSX doesn't cache your login if you're off site from an ADS where as Windows does, I hope they'll add that option in Snow Leopard.

• You need a "both" option as well.

I have a netbook, laptop, 2 desktops running Windows. We have an iMac for the kids as well. Like them all. I'd get a macbook for some things (video, photo), if I could afford another one. They work well.

In the rack where we host JumpStartTV and SQLSaturday there's a Mac server. OS X has a server version that does well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply