Asking for login while deploying report in SSRS 2008

• Hello Everyone,

I have installed SSRS 2008 recently and everything works fine except while I try to deploy the report onto the report server, it is asking to enter UserName/Password (in Internet Explorer window), which I never provided. Although, in MyComputer-> Services-> SQL Server Reporting Service, I have set the option 'Local System'.

But still it is asking for login, can anybody let me know which login credentials should I provide. Or is there anyway I can get this info from 'Report Configuration Manager'

Let me know if any solution.

Thanks in advance.

-VT

• You might want to check the site security,item level role, and system level role - Even Builtin Administrators of the Server/SQL server do not have access by default to role items like Publish. Some of this you can set via the Reports Manager webpage - but of course you can log into the SQL Reporting services instance and set the perms,roles etc from there - be sure you know the full name if you are using the Active Directory - it doesnt browse and resolve the names for you when you add the users and/or groups.

Also - you might have to touch the SQL server where the reports definition is pointed - we had to modify our SQL database so that the users could connect to the shared data source - unless you are using SQL account security- Windows Integrated security offers better manageability, security etc-

From Reporting via SQL Management Studio

--Home - properties

You can inherit roles from the main parent ( Home) or you can set them by the reports folder

• hi, i just restarted SSRS Service..and it worked fine ;)))

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply