Attachable Subscription databases

• Hi,

I would like to use attachable subscription databases to enable transactional replication on one of our remote servers.....I would rather not push out a new snapshot.

My question is...Under subscription options there is a setting called Allow new subscriptions to be created by attaching a copy..etc.

This is currently disabled on the publication. Can this be enabled using sp_ChangePublication..??  Or do I need to recreate the publication

Many Thanks

Graeme

• Graeme

Yes, that option is disabled on my publication as well.  Don't know whether that's because you can only enable that when you create the publication.

Have you tried restoring the database from either the publication database or another subscriber, creating a new publication and ticking the box that says that the subscriber already has the schema and data?  Haven't tried it myself so I don't know whether it works, but let me know how you get on!

John

• Hey John,

Yeah..thought about that one.

Problem is the publisher is updated all the time and the subscriber is only updated once a day.

I'll have a think

Cheers..Graeme

• Graeme

I see.  In that case I would get all users off before the daily update, then create the new subscription after the update.

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply