Audit trail

• Hello Team,

I need to track certain events happening on my prod SQL server 2005.

Attached is the list of events that are to be tracked.

My request is, can anyone please tell me various possible approaches for implementing the events mentioned in the document and also need recommended approach.

Quick response is highly appereciated

--Jus

• Most of that can be handled with server level DDL triggers and LOGON triggers. Some of the trace file stuff may not be necessary depending on your method of logging.

I am working on a solution that will do much of what you are looking for and a lot more but it isn't ready..

CEWII

• Thanks Elliot...Can you please update me once you done with your solution.

Regards

Jus

• Elliott W (9/14/2009)

Most of that can be handled with server level DDL triggers and LOGON triggers. Some of the trace file stuff may not be necessary depending on your method of logging.

I am working on a solution that will do much of what you are looking for and a lot more but it isn't ready..

CEWII

yep I agree with that as well, the thing is have you taken into account the performance hit that could occur depending on how heavy this monitoring is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• Infact i do not know any tool / methodology which can measure / calcualte the performance hit with the specified number of events.

Is there any tool available to tell the appoximate performance hit against each event or set of events?

Regards

Jus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply