auditing

• We're setting up a new time/attendance program that will integrate with our payroll system.  I know that I can create a trigger to audit any updates, but our hr mgr also wants to be able to track anyone that views(select) specific columns in a select few tables.  Can anyone point in the right direction for info on the 'best' way to set this up?  Any assistance greatly appreciated.

TIA,

L

• You either have to set a trace on the server which can cause a lot of overhead...

Or you can make sure that the users can only access the data from stored procs and code the audit process from within those stored procs.

• The problem is that they have access through an app that requires certain permissions I'm not allowed to change.  The app has already been purchased (prior to my being in this position) and they didn't have any SQL person, let alone someone to review it.  I was hoping to avoid a trace if possible.

l

• I'll leave this one in the hands of the gurus... I don't know any other ways.

• Well if you can not do what Remi just posted You will need an automated tool that captures that information (Be ready to spend big $$$) You can use Entegra for that

* Noel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply