authentication mode from Windows NT Authentication

• the mssql server 2000 i am using on my server is runing but it shows it is stoped and i cann't logon to it using user id and password nor with windows authentication i just did one thing that is

You cannot use a SQL Server Standard security login account after a Typical installation of SQL Server 2000 until you change the authentication mode to Mixed.

To change the authentication mode from Windows NT Authentication Mode (only) to Mixed Mode, use the following steps:

Open the Enterprise Manager.

Expand a Server group.

Right-click a server name, and then click Properties.

Click the Security tab.

Under Authentication, click the SQL Server and Windows option button.

Restart SQL Server in order for the change to take effect.

and after that the problim come can anybody help

thanks

• It shows stopped but you know it is running? try using osql to log in using a trusted domain admin or local system admin windows account. I'm not quite sure I follow what the problem is exactly.

Wes

• I'm not sure if you mean the server is running or the sql server process is running (i.e. sqlservr.exe). The quickest way to check is to logon to the server console as an Administrator, start a command prompt (DOS prompt) window, and enter the command "OSQL -E -Sservername". If the server is live, this logs you on using Windows authentication and you will get the reply "1>" and can then enter sql batches.

For example, you can run system stored procedures to reset the password for the "sa" account. You should then be able to logon using "OSQL -Sservername -Usa -Ppassword".

If the sql server process is stopped (i.e. sqlservr.exe is not running) you're going to need to look in the system log to see why it didn't start. You can also start the server process from a command prompt with extra debugging flags to try to figure out why it won't start.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply