Back up and Restore

• Hi

I'll Take the Full backup every sunday and Diff. Backup every Day 11:59 PM and T.log backup every 1/2 Hr. and

after few week my database is down at 9:36 AM on friday and i don't want to loss a single bit, someone help me

out and let me know how i can restore the data step by step.

Thanks in Advance --- Nitin

• tfuyt (3/4/2008)

Hi

I'll Take the Full backup every sunday and Diff. Backup every Day 11:59 PM and T.log backup every 1/2 Hr. and

after few week my database is down at 9:36 AM on friday and i don't want to loss a single bit, someone help me

out and let me know how i can restore the data step by step.

Thanks in Advance --- Nitin

Last full backup, the Thursday Differential, all the subsequent log backups.

Is this a test question or your real setup?

More info on http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190217.aspx

Regards,

Andras

Andras Belokosztolszki, MCPD, PhD
    GoldenGate Software

• It's my Real time senario could you pls help me out.

Thanks

Nitin

• First restore the last full backup, then the last diff backup and finally all of the TLog backups since your last DIFF backup. remember to set your no recovery option appropriately (if you need help on when to set this, please look at BOL). Just gave you the steps just in case this is a homework issue, and I do want you to have something to lookup. If this is a real world situation, then state your problem and we can then help you investigate why the DB failed and how to do point in time recovery just in case you need that as well.

Good Luck

Marvin Dillard
    Senior Consultant
    Claraview Inc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply