Backup

• How to know backup is sucess or not using select query?please let me know?

• You can query the system tables to see if it completed.

• plz let me know the what is that query?

• Here is a basic query to give basic info. There are other queries available online that could give you something different if need be.

select top 10 backup_start_date,backup_finish_date,type,backup_size,database_name

from backupset

Order by backup_set_id desc

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• d.srikanth50 (3/10/2010)

How to know backup is sucess or not using select query?please let me know?

Get the job id of the job from sysjobs table in msdb and then try quering sysjobsteps table in msdb database.

You will get the status of each job step with execution time, etc. Thanks.

===========================================
    Better try and fail than not to try at all...

Database Best Practices[/url]

SQL Server Best Practices[/url]

• Check Books Online for the system tables. In the Index, type in "sys" (without the quotes) and it will take you right to them. BOL gives you the table names, column names and column definitions which will help you design your query for discovering if a job has succeeded or not.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• And if you want to automate it, you could set up alerts in the event of a success or failure of your backup job.

Thanks...

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

• Hi...

I wrote quick little Backup Checking product to check all my SQL Server backups... You will need to register to download it though...

http://www.brettstools.com/CommunityForum/tabid/57/aff/21/afv/topicsview/Default.aspx

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply