Backup and Restore Tables

• Jeff Gray (8/19/2009)

None of the provided answers are statements, therefore the correct answer should be none of the above.

I think that's a pretty fair statement.

As that option wasn't available, I interpreted it as "which sorts of errors will be recorded there", so ticked the first 4 boxes and not the last two (which would be completely meaningless in the context of the question if it meant what I interpreted it as). The trouble for me here is that it all seems to be good clear English so far as spelling, grammar, and syntax goes, so I am reluctant to try to impute some meaning further from what I undertand by the words than seems reasonable, but if I try to discover any semantics that makes sense of it I fail utterly. If the English were bad I could probably make a reasonable guess as to what is meant (I had to do that in my daily work for years, and don't regard it as any sort of problem - I tend to admire those who attempt to handle English while I don't try to handle their languages) but when faced with apparently perfect English that appears to have no meaning I struggle. Of course if someone gave me a translation of the question into Gàidhlig maybe I might be able to see what it was meant to mean and how the given answer could be right, in which case it would be my English that was at fault here, but I suspect that's not the case.

Tom

Viewing post 16 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply