Backup job fail...

• The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (SPENCERS-UF76PW\Administrator) of job DB Backup Job for DB Maintenance Plan 'DB Maintenance Plan1' has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'SPENCERS-UF76PW\Administrator'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)).

This is the error it show in the time of running backup job

my server configuration is Sql server 2000, win 2000 server...please give proper solution...

• I think the errormessage is pretty clear. The owner of the job cannot be verified. Either the windows login has been removed or the server couldn't contact AD to verify the group memebership of the login.

First check if the login still exists in Active directory. If that's the case, check for any network problems which might have caused the problem.

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• This seems that the OS is not able to determine the domain administrator privilege for executing the job. You should make the one system user with SA privilege as owner of the jobs to ensure its proper execution on most of the time.

Its better not to assign jobs to domain administrator account.

• Just for info

I get the same bug.

the problem was the password of sql Agent was changed.

make sure that the sql agent account it still ok : for this just restart sql agent

greg

• I have also seen this when the sql agent account is locked out.

you can also try to use a sql authenticated account to run the job instead of a domain account. that might work temporarily.

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply