Basic mirroring query please help?

• mirroring stopped for 10 seconds and resumed again.I would like to know at what time is the mirroring resumed again?How can i know this?please any one help me on this?

• Well normally I'd say start with sys.database_mirroring and sys.database_mirroring_endpoints, but I don't think those contain any time information. You could look at database mirroring monitor and it should show you some historical information. If it's something you want to monitor on a regular basis, I'd setup a performance counter and/or use the built in sql alerts.

• we use this to check the log

sp_dbmmonitorresults

example :

exec sys.sp_dbmonitorresults @database_name =N'Adventureworks', @mode=9, @update_table=0

retrieve mirroring log for adventureworks for Last 1,000,000 rows

or

we can launch database mirroring monitor, that is a history tab beside principal and mirroring. we can click on know the history of mirroring.

• Check Event viewer and the database monitoring job.

“When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” - Sydney Harris

• What operating mode are you running?

If you are running synchronous with manual failover (like i am currently) and mirroring stopped eg the quorum between the principal and the mirror was lost for 10 seconds then resumed again. During those 10 seconds all transactions that ran at the principal will be waiting to be delivered to the mirror server. What will happen when the quorum is restored is the transactions will be applied to the mirror server and depending on transaction latency the time taken to apply those transactions will differ.

If you want to know at what time the mirror servers databases where resynchorinised then you can configure alerts based on the database mirroring state changes.

See the below link

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc966392.aspx

Thanks

Chris

------------------------
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.
    ------------------------
    Blog: http://sqlserver365.blogspot.co.uk/
    Twitter: @ckwmcgowan
    ------------------------

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply