BCP IN giving errors

• I've BCPed out some table data in native format from one table and am now BCPing to another server in native format to a table of exact same structure but am getting this error:

SQLState = 37000, NativeError = 1934

Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]INSERT failed because the foll

owing SET options have incorrect settings: 'QUOTED_IDENTIFIER'. Verify that SET

options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed column

s and/or query notifications and/or xml data type methods.

Any ideas. I've tried it with the SET options for 'QUOTED_IDENTIFIER' both ON and OFF and I still get the error.

Its very frustrating...!

tks

Alan

thanks

SQL_EXPAT

• Hi,

did you set "Quoted Identifiers on" for the Export? If not, you need to export again with that setting...

regards

karl

Best regards
    karl

• I tried that - still same error. There is no quotes in my data anyway. I had to resort to DTS which was much slower as I couldn't compress data between the servers.

cheers

thanks

SQL_EXPAT

• FYI, BULK INSERT worked just fine:

BULK INSERT xxxx.dbo.xxxxxxxxfrom 'g:\mssql\backup\xxxxx.BCP'

WITH (DATAFILETYPE = 'native')

:w00t:

thanks

SQL_EXPAT

• I had this same problem just today. I got it to work finally by using the '-q' flag with my bcp command. (It seems that bcp was taking exception to a table-name I was using, "Course"... It appeared to think that was a reserved word or something...)

• Last error in a string of errors which took me all day to widdle away at. Adding the -q worked for me! Thank you so much!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply