BCP OUT just hanging after massive run ........

• Kicked off a BCP OUT last night and when I check this morning it’s just sitting there not able to complete. Any ideas? I wonder if I kill it will the data be OK in the file? I suspect that drive may have run out of space but there is plenty free space now. 835958000 rows is close to the number of rows in the table so I'm happy to end the BCP now.

1000 rows successfully bulk-copied to host-file. Total received: 835952000

1000 rows successfully bulk-copied to host-file. Total received: 835953000

1000 rows successfully bulk-copied to host-file. Total received: 835954000

1000 rows successfully bulk-copied to host-file. Total received: 835955000

1000 rows successfully bulk-copied to host-file. Total received: 835956000

1000 rows successfully bulk-copied to host-file. Total received: 835957000

1000 rows successfully bulk-copied to host-file. Total received: 835958000

thanks

SQL_EXPAT

• You file will not currupt.

Find the sp which is running BCP sp_who, find the status of the particular sp and find the root cause of the problem.

Rajesh Kasturi

• my BCP OUT just finished...

turns out a data load kicked in while I was BCPing OUT so the BCP waited for that to finish. Never knew BCP was so clever. I wonder if those extra rows that were inserted after I my BC began are now in my BCP file?? Will take a look.

thanks.

thanks

SQL_EXPAT

• -- Cranfield (4/3/2009)

my BCP OUT just finished...

turns out a data load kicked in while I was BCPing OUT so the BCP waited for that to finish. Never knew BCP was so clever.

thanks.

I doubt it. it's not BCP but it's blocking, obviously the worker thread assigned to BCP was waiting on another worker thread that has locks on the same resource may be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply