Bet you can''t answer this...

• I'm using SQL Server 2000, and will soon be upgrading to 2005. In my research I've found very little information on Replication enhancements, other than links to classes for SQL Server 2005.  I caught a good article describing the Replication Monitor, but I need more!  Who has implemented SQL Server 2005 replication, or at least done something with it, and can they describe the enhancements and their impressions for me?  BTW the intriguing title of this thread resulted from my original thread receiving 2 views and no answers in 24 hours, so I took a different approach!

• I'll take that bet... and lose .

Seriously we usually don't answer when we can't and since I have 0 experience with replication and Yukon I'll go out the nearest door .

But now you got an answer .

• Thank you Remi - I do feel better!  (and maybe someone else will view this and share some info)

• It'll be displayed in the newsletter tommorrow, you'll most likely get an answer.

• U know this? http://www.replicationanswers.com/

• Thank you, sql92

• Told ya you'd get an anser this time .

• Ah yes, it's great to get an answer, but an answer isn't always the answer....  Apparently very few people have done much experimentation with 2005 replication.  Guess I'll just have to wait awhile....  in the meantime I'll continue my daily lurking in the background at SSC.  BTW, all these posts, Remi!  You always supply good information, of course, but.... are you trying to pass up Frank?

• I'm still 5-10 years away from that.. he just knows too much to be passed on that level. Post count is not a just meter of the knowledge of one-self, which is what really matters.

• "Apparently very few people have done much experimentation with 2005 replication."

It's kind of hard to do much replication before the final release is out... replication is more about backing up data and spreading it around servers. It takes more of a production environement to really see that used. I guess that the fuss is really about varchar(max), clr and recursive queries at the moment .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply