BI Certification 2005

• Hi All

I need to know if you have MCITP (DBA) do I need to write exam 445 & 446 to certify for BI?

Thanks!!

It's better to fail while trying, rather than fail without trying!!!

• smthembu (10/29/2009)

Hi All

I need to know if you have MCITP (DBA) do I need to write exam 445 & 446 to certify for BI?

Thanks!!

No you don't need to I did because I had MCDBA I upgraded later but took the BI as what I want to do now because I am a developer.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Thanks for your response

what i meant was i'm qualified DBA but i need to certify for BI do Microsoft accredite you to write 446 PRO or write the whole exam 445 & 446?

Thanks

• smthembu (10/29/2009)

Thanks for your response

what i meant was i'm qualified DBA but i need to certify for BI do Microsoft accredite you to write 446 PRO or write the whole exam 445 & 446?

Thanks

Your question is very strange because the DBA exams are not related to anything in BI and in BI 445 and 446 are very different exams, most people can study and pass 445 very few people to this day have passed 446.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Currently i hold MCITP (DBA) for SQL 2005

Now i need to advance my skills in BI that means i need to take exams for BI

My question is does Microsoft give credit if you already certified e.g MCIPT DBA instead of writing 445.

Thanks

• smthembu (10/29/2009)

Currently i hold MCITP (DBA) for SQL 2005

Now i need to advance my skills in BI that means i need to take exams for BI

My question is does Microsoft give credit if you already certified e.g MCIPT DBA instead of writing 445.

Thanks

I understand your question what I am saying is why? You have passed exams that are not related to BI or development I would say someone with the MCITP Developer could think that because it is also development albeit different but DBA and BI are not related so to expect Microsoft credit for unrelated features and tasks is strange to me. Now to answer your question I have given you the long answer so the short answer is no. You need to pass both 445 and 446 to be BI certified.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Thanks for your answer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply