BI controlled by IT?

• I have a question, well two actually. Has anyone worked within Business Intelligence under the leadership of IT? And would you have considered it to be a success or all that it could be?

• wildh (9/13/2011)

I have a question, well two actually. Has anyone worked within Business Intelligence under the leadership of IT? And would you have considered it to be a success or all that it could be?

Can't be driven by IT unless they have Analysts on board to get really good specs. Without user interaction this just can't work. I don't care how many times you've done this before.

• I personally dont think it can work one tiny little bit. I'm just looking to see if anyone has made it work, and if so, how they did it.

• wildh (9/13/2011)

I personally dont think it can work one tiny little bit. I'm just looking to see if anyone has made it work, and if so, how they did it.

I'm trying it here.

All geniuses around me. CTO, analysts, me as DBA + ssrs dev.

Not easy, but I think it's possible (the analysts are new so they need to be brought up to speed with the cie, but once that's good it should work pretty decent).

Now keep in mind most people here probably have 140-160 IQs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply