Blew the 70-291

• Just sat the 70-291 on Wednesday. Needed 700 to pass. Only hit 503. About 85% of the questions were case studies.

My company only pays if you pass. And to add the real insult to injury Microsoft is giving free retakes if you sign up with the code when you register for the first test. I didn't know about that. Crap!

I'm probably just going to blow it off...get the real MCDBA tests out of the way (70-228/70-229) and come back to it later. Anyone else want to chime in.

----------------
    Jim P.

A little bit of this and a little byte of that can cause bloatware.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I wonder why you are taking the 70-291 (Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure) instead of 70-290 (Managing Windows 2003 Server)?  I think 70-290 would be the easier requirement to complete and has a lot of cross-over topics with the 70-228 exam.  I took 70-215 (Windows 2000 Server) before 70-228 and it definitely helped to take the exams in that order.  70-228 has a whole troubleshooting section that is easier if you have already studied OS troubleshooting for the exam.

Next time, you should also try Transcender practice tests so you know the types of questions to expect.  Those case studies can really take up a lot of time if you haven't practiced scanning the question for the important phrases.  Half the battle is just knowing where you need to improve.  Transcender is expensive, but then so is re-taking the test.  Good luck on your next exam!

• My boss -- former New Horizons instructor -- suggested the 291. I used the preplogic test. Not even close .

Besides - I'm thinking, eventually, get both the MCDBA and MCSE.

Never hurts to have multiples letters behind your name.

----------------
    Jim P.

A little bit of this and a little byte of that can cause bloatware.

• True, but both the 70-290 and 70-291 are required as core exams for the MCSE. Don't get discouraged, though. Review the list of skills being measured at:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-291.asp

Evaluate where you need to study more. Research the topics on MSDN. (http://msdn.microsoft.com) Buy an ExamCram book and look up everything on the web if you are not confident that you could answer it correctly on the test.

Don't give up. Even Albert Einstein failed his college entrance exam. He re-took the exam, graduated college and five years later published his theory of relativity that changed the world. It's only Microsoft technology - it's not rocket science. 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply