books online

• where are the books online to learn sql? are they free?

• Yes, they are free.

Try:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp

Happy hunting!

/Hanslindgren

Edited by - hanslindgren on 03/31/2003 08:40:04 AM

• ok thanks, what is sp_who, sp_help, and sp_lcok?

• try Books online

John Zacharkan

John Zacharkan

• i am having trouble downloading and opeing. i have saved it and extracted it to another file but then when i click on the exe file nothing happens.

• Try msdn.microsoft.com if you have problems with BOL (they exist in there to).

Though if I remember correctly, BOL consists of more then one file...

• yeah there are 8 files and it said to extract all the files and i did, but even the text files are blank.

• Maybe you have a virus?

• what does the primary key and foreign key do?

• The performance monitor that shows the values of SQL as being used on a daily bases is where?

I found the book online with the SQL Query Analyzer bundle.

• If you want to view Processor time, interrupt/second, cache hit ratio, and current disk queue length how do you use or even launch the Performance monitor. I am using Windows Nt.

• Maybe you should start off with a general course in databases. They help.

Then try fiddling around with the control panel to find your administrative tools. Why don't you also look in Windows Help file? I believe that doing a search there might be faster then asking in this forum. Or read all posts here first. They do explain a lot.

• I just thought I should mention that Books Online actually has downloadable updates, with a HUGE percentage of the content having been updated. Highly recommended that all users do so. I didn't know this until the folks at the BOL booth at the PASS Conference happened to mention it in passing.

Rick Todd

• Matt, I think you need to looks at the basics of SQL before you start digging into perf counters etc. Start with things like Logical and Physical Database Architecture and move on from there.

• yeah i was just curious about seeing some of the performance stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply