Builtin\Administrators

• Gurus,

Need help!!

Actually one of my colleague was trying something on test machine. In SQL Instance in Security, Logins, Builtin\Administrators, Server Roles, 'sysadmin' is assigned. My colleague unchecked it and clicked ok.

SA is not enabled.

Now when I try to connect to the Instance it works, but nothing works, like if I want to access UserDatabase I am not able to do that, even put the credential back for the 'sysadmin' , no success, so basically I can't do anything. Is there any way to do get around it? I know i can reinstall the whole instance and it will take care of the logins but is there any other way to go around it?

Pls help, it's not urgent but I want to fix it without having to installed the new instance.

Thanks all in advance.

• You might try searching this site for this to be sure, as I know I have read it somewhere, might even have been a Question of the Day.

You need to shutdown the affected instance of SQL Server and restart it in single-user mode using the -m command line switch (also check BOL).

If I remember correctly from what I read, even if BUILTIN\Administrator has been deleted, it is available in this single-user mode.

😎

• I had this issue too, trying to find where I found the solution 🙁

Disaster Recovery: What to do when the SA account password is lost in SQL Server 2005

To fix Mixed vs Windows Authentication

SQLServerNewbie MCITP: Database Administrator SQL Server 2005

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply