Bulk copying of snapshot data is finishing but then starts over - keeps looping

• Transactional Publication

Push Subscription

SQL 2005 to SQL 2005

Setting up a push subscription, the snapshot data is bulk copied into the subscriber and finishes. But for some unknown reason, it starts back at the beginning and bulk copies all of the data again. This part keeps looping.

Nothing is recorded in the logs as to why it is starting from the beginning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Is the snapshot agent running multiple times? If so, check the schedule on there and make sure that it is not misconfigured in some way.

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• I looked in the Job Activity Monitor and the job with the category of REPL-Snapshot is not scheduled.

• What does the history on the job look like? Ultimately that is what runs the snapshot process so, either the job is running over and over or it is somehow stuck in retrying, both of which would be odd.

....there could be other things going on. Sorry to sound so limiting in my statement. 🙂

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• The history on the snapshot job is it ran once today at 9 AM

Looking at the Distributer to Subscriber History

10 AM Initializing

Applied Scripts

Bulk copying

Creating primary Key Index

12:12 noon Delivered Snapshot from the unc...

Creating primary Key Index (creates 15 more)

12:25 Applied Scripts

Bulk copying

Creating primary Key Index

2:22 Delivered Snapshot from the unc...

Creating primary Key Index (creates 15 more)

And it starting again with Applied Scripts :angry:

So it is on its 3rd attempt

• Well, I would drop that subscription and try again. Might even want to script out the publication, drop it, recreate it and then re-add the subscription.

I have never seen this before. Hopefully someone else has. Definitely weird.

Is there only one article in the publication?

David

@SQLTentmaker

• No, my abbreviation, there are hundreds of items. We did take your recommendation. Yesterday we were trying to re-initialize a subscription and it kept looping on us. This morning we deleted the subscription/publication and started fresh. As you can see, we are back where we started. Ugh!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply