Calling Activity Monitor and Performance reports from .net?

• Good Morning All

I am a SQL Server DBA with bit .net developmet background. I manage 5 SQL Server 2008 R2 Instances.

My thought is to setup centralised monitor of 5 SQL server instance Activities and Performance.

Currently I am managing 5 Instance Activities thru Activity Manager and Performance and paint points using DMVs

My question is:

1. Can I call Activity Monitor thru .net code or thru system stored procedure? or

Can i export activity monitor screenshot or Inbuild performance reports

as a xls or html file?

If that is possible, I could display those direct/exported xls of all instance activities and performance in my portal.

Thanks in advance

Ram

• geramkumar (11/1/2010)

Good Morning All

I am a SQL Server DBA with bit .net developmet background. I manage 5 SQL Server 2008 R2 Instances.

My thought is to setup centralised monitor of 5 SQL server instance Activities and Performance.

Currently I am managing 5 Instance Activities thru Activity Manager and Performance and paint points using DMVs

My question is:

1. Can I call Activity Monitor thru .net code or thru system stored procedure? or

Can i export activity monitor screenshot or Inbuild performance reports

as a xls or html file?

If that is possible, I could display those direct/exported xls of all instance activities and performance in my portal.

Thanks in advance

Ram

They are a combination of

sp_who

sp_who2

sys.dm_exec_requests

sys.dm_os_wait_stats

sys.dm_os_waiting_tasks

sys.dm_os_performance_counters

dbcc inputbuffer

you can query any of above from .NET.

Alex S
  • If you using SQL Server 2008 R2 why cant you try data tier application and I think there are some more features in R2 which supports centralised administration.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply