can’t install sql server 2008 client tools

• Hi all,

I can’t install sql server 2008 client tools. It says fails to install that.

AND SSIS and BI also fail to install

Tharindu Dhaneenja.
    MCTS,MCITP(SQL Server),OCA(Oracle)
    http://www.databaseusergroup.com

• Which version?

Do you have any particular error messages?

Several people on the forum's here have installed it with little to no issue, so we know that it does install.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Are there any error messages? what type of server is this going on.. O/S 32bit 64 bit which which platform of SQL?

I got SQL 2008 installed on a windows 2003 Server sp2 box, but having problems getting clustering working on 2008 server and 2008 sql 64bit.. still researching that.

• Depending on the version you are installing (RC versus CTP) there might be conflicts with previous versions of SQL. I had a problem with SQL 2005 files still being on the machine and once I removed those I was able to install it.

However, the error message would be handy to have.

Regards, Irish 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply