Can I get cpu statistics from sql server ?

• I am wondering if anyone knows of a sql server proc or query that will give me statistics about that machines cpu. Memory used, etc. I can get database size and even hdd size from it, but cant find a cpu stats...

• Cpu utilization in relation to what? Mostly no but you can get some cumulative times and estimates.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• We are creating a monitoring software. Something simple. Pretty hard coded to our objects and dbs. But as we thought about it, why not spit out more db info. So I gave web guys a proc that gets database usage size of hdd. How much used, free, etc. This got me to think about a cpu usage. Some sorta gaugue snapshot of cpu, like task manager gives in windows. Obviously it would not be interactive, but a snapshot would be nice. So instead of trying to find a programatic or os way, i wondered is sql server can get it. It can get hdd size of files, it can execute files on hdd externally, it can call out to com objects, etc. Just curious if it can get snapshot of cpu info too.

• Maybe sp_monitor.

Andy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply