can not able to connect to sql server

• TITLE: Connect to Server

------------------------------

Cannot connect to 8113J.

-------------------------

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error[highlight=#ffff11][/highlight]: 233)

I got this error while connecting to sql server.where i have to see .

• Hi,

I error could be because of TCP/IP protocol being disabled for the server.

Use the SQL Server Configuration Manager on the server and enable the SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration Protocol TCP/IP. Then restarting the SQL Server should fix the error.

Check the following setup for the network Protocols:

Share Memory : Enabled

Named Pipes : Disabled

TCP/IP: Enabled

Regards,

Rajini

• client protocals all are enabled.

all services are running

where t0 i check next?

• Go through this link. You might hv to add an alias for the server running on named pipe....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265808

Pradeep Singh

• i done what u told to me .I enabled the tcp\ip and shared memory and disabled named pipes in network protocols in mssql server.

i saw there are no alias names .

could u pls tell where to i have to see for these issues..

Last month also i faced this problem but i was solved by resetting the service account password.

• Dear

Have u enable remote desktop from surface area configuration.if not :use:

start-->mssql2k5-->surface area configurat.--->surface area configuration for sevices and configurations--->databaseengine--->remote connectins--->using both tcp/ip named pipes.

Thanx

Thanks

• Thanks.i able to connect to sql .

Thanks.If u do not mind I will as one issue on clustering.I

f u free then tell me.clustering is now running on secondary server.

now i have to repair the primary server .

They raised a probem docket for this.

Information is:---

Node A: WSDB0434C01

Node B: WSDB0434C02

The failure in the Node A was caused by the corruption in the Windows Registry, after MS08-067 security Patch was applied. For this the Windows team has to uninstall and reinstall the Operating System followed by configuration of MSCS.

• Dear Mohini

Wat u want is not clear in cluster problem?

Thanx

Thanks

• services are now running on node2 because node1 was failed.Now my problem is I have to repair that node1.

Thanks for u r Quick reply.

• Dear

Please wait for other's reply,I have no idea...

Thanks

• Hi there,

we have exactly the same problem.

Win Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition

MSSQL Server 2005 Enterprise Evaluation SP2 installed

We have installed and configured everything, it was working perfect. But suddenly we can't connect to the database engine anymore.

The Message:

TITEL: Verbindung mit Server herstellen

Es kann keine Verbindung mit 'Servername\SQLINSTANCE' hergestellt werden.

ZUSÄTZLICHE INFORMATIONEN:

Es konnte eine Verbindung mit dem Server hergestellt werden, doch während des Handshakes vor der Anmeldung trat ein Fehler auf. (provider: Shared Memory-Provider, error: 0 - Kein Prozess ist am anderen Ende der Pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Fehler: 233)

Hilfe erhalten Sie durch Klicken auf: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=233&LinkId=20476

SCHALTFLÄCHEN:

OK

Which is exactly the same as above in German.

Yes i've checked the protocols and the remote connection. Please notice that this error is during the pre-login handshake and not during the login process.

The problem is to connect to the database service, we can connect to the Analysis integration and reporting services.

The SQL-SERVER AGENT can not start because of the same problem.

An Ideas?

Thx in advance

• I found the problem I was having which may be different from anyone else. SQL uses SSL certs for data encryption.

I actually had two certs installed - both generated using the selfssl tool used to create certs for development machines. The fact I had multple certs caused my problem.

Nevertheless, removing the certs solved the problem. Please review following topic regarding SQL 2000 install - solution also applied to SQL 2005:

[/url]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply