can not view list of stored procedures

• Hi,

i have a problem to view the list of stored procedures in a database using SSMS on sqlserver 2008.i have 100 databases with having lot of sprocs. when i click on stored procedures folder of a particular datbase , i am getting the following message as " see object explorer details for objects in this folder". I know we will get the sproc information by pressing F7 or using sysobjects. But i want to know exactly what causing this? How can i resolve this.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rock..

• rockingadmin (11/29/2010)

i have a problem to view the list of stored procedures in a database using SSMS on sqlserver 2008.i have 100 databases with having lot of sprocs. when i click on stored procedures folder of a particular datbase , i am getting the following message as " see object explorer details for objects in this folder". I know we will get the sproc information by pressing F7 or using sysobjects. But i want to know exactly what causing this? How can i resolve this.

Do you have a huge number of procedures in offending database, don't you?

I've heard about this SS2K8 issue when number of objects exceeds certain number.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • Yes. there are around 1500 sprocs in the database.How can i resolve this one?

• rockingadmin (11/29/2010)

Yes. there are around 1500 sprocs in the database.How can i resolve this one?

As I remember it this is more of a "feature" than a "bug" so there is no way to resolve it 😀

I would research Microsoft KB and apply available SPs on a test server - 1,500 storeprocs is a little low of a value for this to happen but I do remember it was related to a 64K limit on open windows.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • Are you able to apply a filter?

• I can able to use the Filter and Search.

• What SP level are you at?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• are you talking about service pack? if yes then it is sp2.

• any updates on this issue?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply