can we configure database miroring for two databases on same server

• hi all,

can we configure the mirroring for two different databases on the same server

1)two data bases A,B on primary server

2)two data bases A,B on secondary server

i already configured the mirroring in asynchronous mode. A(as principal on primary) to A(as mirror on secondary)

can we do mirroring for the B(as principal on primary) to B(as mirror on secondary)

Thanks & Regards,

Anjli.

• Yes, you have to set up the Db's the same way. Restore the Db's and enable Mirroring.

If you like you can even switch the role and balance the load of each instance.

• You can set up mirroring on upto 10 databases on a single instance if you are running 32 bit edition. If its a 64 bit box, there is no limit on the number of databases.

• this limit of 10 databases per server for database mirroring is a bit of an urban myth, in reality it depends on a lot of factors and is likely to be somewhat more than 10.

for me personally I hit the limit at 25 databases on a 32 bit server, others have claimed much higher.

there will be limitations with 64bit as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• thank you.

what about endpoints?

we need to create new endpoint are we can configure with same endpoint

Regards,

anjali.

• what about endpoints?

we need to create new endpoint are we can configure with same endpoint

Hello Anjali,

You can have only one database mirroring endpoint per instance. So you should use the same endpoint for the mirroring session.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sudeepta.
    http://twitter.com/skganguly

• k that means we can mirror the more than one database with the same endpoint right?

• Yes

Thanks & Regards,
    Sudeepta.
    http://twitter.com/skganguly

• Thank you,

can we change the name of the endpoint,while mirroring configuration is running.

if so how can we change.

regards,

anjali.

• rishi anjali (8/12/2010)

Thank you,

can we change the name of the endpoint,while mirroring configuration is running.

if so how can we change.

regards,

anjali.

no, and there will never be a need to do this.

• That is not true. You can name the mirrorring endpoint differently. I did it without any issue.

• Pei Zhu-415513 (8/13/2010)

That is not true. You can name the mirrorring endpoint differently. I did it without any issue.

you changed the name of a mirroring endpoint after it was in use? How, and more importantly why?

• I misunderstood "change the name". I think technically you can break the mirroring, drop the endpoint, recreate the endpoint with different name, then reestablish the mirroring. I could not tell why people want to do that. I won't rename afterwards, I won't bother to change the default mirroring endpont name at first place.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply