Cannot able to do ssis in from Iseries DB to Sql 2k5

• Hi

I am trying to import data from Lifeaisa product which is developed in Iseries application. The data has to be imported to sqlserver

which creating ssis below mentioned error is comming when using sql command to extract the data. but the same is working when i map the table directly. pls help me on this asap.

Error: 0xC0047038 at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "OLE DB Source" (1) returned error code 0xC0202009. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Rajasekaran T

• pls suggest some solution asap

• is that the only error you see?

can you please post the entire output - information messages, warning mesages, and error messages all the way to the ...[finished/failed with code blablabla]

my every day job has me trying to either attach to legacy mainframe systems or trying to read in the garbage they call flat files. i think helping you now might help me in the future.

i look forward to working through this with you.

• Thanks for the reply first

below mentioned are the error contiously occuring. I cannot able to attach the screen shot else i will do it

1) [DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "OLE DB Source" (1) returned error code 0xC0202009. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

2)[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED. Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited.

3)[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADCANCELLED. Thread "WorkThread0" received a shutdown signal and is terminating. The user requested a shutdown, or an error in another thread is causing the pipeline to shutdown. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread was cancelled.

4)[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED. Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047039. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited.

5)[OLE DB Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E00.

• Those who are working with ISeries and Sql Server pls provide me approach

• I had all kinds of issues when using OLE DB providers to connect to my iSeries. I ended up creating a Linked Server, it ended my pain with extracting data from DB2.

EXEC sp_addlinkedserver

@server='DB2_ODBC', -- Name of the Linked Server, when it is created.

@srvproduct='Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC', -- OLE DB Provider.

@catalog='', -- Catalog Is Optional For ODBC Connections.

@provider='MSDASQL', -- Provider_name should be MSDASQL.

@datasrc ='ThreePSConnect', -- System DSN of ODBC Data Source.

@provstr= -- ODBC Connection String.

'

DRIVER={DB2};SERVER=servername;UID=validiSeriesID;PWD=validiSeriesPWD;

'

Then to use the Link Server:

SELECT *

FROM LINKEDSERVER.SERVERNAME.LIBRARY.FILE

Hope this helps!

• I had a devil of a time when I was first hired at my current job getting data from our iSeries to SQL Server. I finally tried the trial of Host Integration services and that worked, so we purchased the software and haven't had any problem since then. The iSeries came with a data link that allowed me to create an ODBC in Access and that worked fine, but we couldn't add that to our server (I forgot the reason). Anyway, HIS is pretty easy to set up and test and the trial is something like 4 months so you can be sure it works for you before having to purchase.

Good luck

Scott

• I configured a Linked Server using the "iSeries Access ODBC Driver" supplied by the IBM iSeries Access for Windows software. We do a daily data extract from our AS400 and I find that it has been very reliable.

• Hi,

I have the same problem. Could you point me to a resource about how to set the linked server up? I don't see my AS400 ODBC driver listed as provider.

Thanks, Erzsebet

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply