Cannot add frozen/repeating headers

• Hello all, been trying to add a repeating header row on my report, to be kept visible as I scroll up and down and from page to page.

I right clicked and selected Tablix Properties, and then selected both 'Repeat header rows on each page' and 'Header should remain visible while scrolling.' A reasonable person would expect these two options to do the trick. No luck.

I then selected 'Advanced Mode' down towards where the Row Groups and Column Groups boxes are, to mess with the Row and Column properties individually. On all the row and column groups, listed as '(Static)', I configured to the properties as such:

FixedData - Set to False

HideIfNoRows - Set to False

Keep Together - Set to False

KeepWithGroup - Set to After

RepeatOnNewPage - Set to True

I am receiving the following error:

"An error occurred during local report processing. The definition of the report '/FrozenHeaders.rdl' is invalid. The tablix 'Table1' has an invalid TablixMember. All TablixMember elements in a TablixColumnHierachy must have the KeepWithGroup property set to "None"."

Is anyone familiar with this problem and the ideal property configuration to simply enable a repeating header? Thank you in advance

• I just posted this here: http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1324882-1633-1.aspx

That should solve it for you. So to clarify...firstly untick "Keep header visible while scrolling" haha! Then, yeah, follow what it says in the link in that link.

I'll check back here and give you a hand if you want, as I have got it working now!

• Thanks for sharing. I tried the solution but, unfortunately, I still receive an error. The error I receive is different than the one mentioned in your post. I get:

The tablix 'Table1' has an invalid TablixMember. All TablixMember elements in a TablixColumnHierachy must have the KeepWithGroup property set to "None".

If I follow the error message's recommendation and change all the KeepWithGroup properties to "None," I receive a new error:

The tablix 'Table1' has an invalid TablixMember. All TablixMember elements in a TablixColumnHierarchy must have the RepeatOnNewPage property set to false.

If I change that, I can run the report but without the desired effect of the repeating header row. :doze:

My only guess is that there is a system issue with my client, and that I may need to reinstall.

• Make sure that you have UNCHECKED "Keep header visible while scrolling" for the tablix. Also make sure that you haven't put FixedData = True for every column, you need to do this on the first row group, not the column group. Everything you change needs to be on the first Static member of the Row Group. If you have changed the properties on any of the COLUMN headers, it won't work. I tried clicking FixedData = True on all the column headers, but forgot to change a one or two back to false, which will throw an error...everything on the columns needs to be set to False, including RepeatOnNewPage you only need to edit the properties of the first Static row group...so if you want RepeatOnNewPage, do this on the first Static row group, setting it to True, and it shouldn't be True anywhere else, apart from another row group, where appropriate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply