"Cannot apply value null to property Login: Value cannot be null..".

• Can anybody help me in resolving this error!!!

I am using SSIS to transfer SQL server objects from SQL server 2000 to Sql Server 2005.

When i use SA account as sql server login authentication for both servers, it gives error "cannot apply null to property login: value cannot be null"

I m frustrated with this error.. If somebody helps me, i will be really appreciate...

If i use windows authentication instead of SA account then i runs but give errors like "primary key voilation"

Is i am making mistakes in configuring transfer SQL server objects task!!

please help me in resolving these errors

its urgent

• Hi,

It may be the options you have selected..try using drop objects first, it should avoid key violation.

What objects you want to move/transfer? There could be issues here from sql server 2000 to 2005, I am not sure in this way....May be you can try using import export wizard, if you have databases defined on sql server 2005, or you can restore the databases on 2005 machine...It depends on what exactly you are achieving here....

-V

• thanks for reply.

setting dropobjectsfirst doesn't work, i had already tried it.

My main problem is with SA account login authentication. It always gives error "cannot apply value null to property login"

i will really appreciate if u can resolve this...

I m working on a Transfer server object task that transfers all Database objects(tables,views,stored procedures) from sql 2000 server to sql 2005 server every night automatically.

• when you defined connection, test connection was succeded with sa account on both servers?

-V

• thanks

its working now

problem was with sql server 2005 service packs. after installing service pack 1 for sql server 2005 its working fine..

• It doesn't work on my server with SP1. Does anybody can help?

• Grasshopper

I have installed SP1 and SP2 ,still its not working .Could you please explain how you resolve the issue .

Thanks in advance ..

Jins

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply