Cannot connect to SSRS from SSMS

• Hello,

I just install SSRS 2017 Reporting Service and have configure Report Server from Report Server Configuration Manager.

Report Server Status is Started, mode is Native.

I have setup all necessary setting like Service account, Web Service URL, Database, and Web Portal URL.

I can access Web portal URL from my browser, but I cannot connect through SSMS.

My SSMS version is 15.0.18338.0

Looking at Registered Server, I can see the Reporting Services with the same name as the one set in Report Server Configuration Manager. But still every time I want to connect, after key in the Server name -> <Myservername>\ReportServer2017 (which is my report server name as in Configuration Manager), error saying Cannot connect to <Myservername>\ReportServer2017, Reporting Services instance could not be found.

Anyone can advice what is wrong ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • What is the reason for using SSMS to connect to SSRS?  There really isn't a reason to do so - and you can only connect using the same version of SSMS as is installed for SSRS.

If you really need to do so - then try connecting to EXCELSIOR\SSRS which is the instance name of your SSRS install.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Hi.

Yes, actually I do agree. Only there is this tutorial video and it's showing to connect from SSRS from SSMS and as I tried it can't.

Not sure is there a case whereby we need to.

Thanks though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply