Cannot install KB932557 on SQL 2005

• I am trying to install the Microsoft Update KB932557 on top of SQL Server Developer 2005 SP1 for a Win 2003 x86 server.

It fails to install.

Any fix available?

Thanks, Dinu

• Can you look in the install log and get any error and post them here? Thanks in advance.

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• Thanks David.

I attach Summary.txt.

I am asked to download an update for SP2!:crying:

I couldn't find such an update.

Thanks again,

Dinu

• Products Detected Language Level Patch Level Platform Edition

SQL Server Database Services 2005 (MSSQLSERVER) ENU SP2 2005.090.3033.00 x86 DEVELOPER

SQL Server Database Services 2005 (SQLSERVERE) ENU SP2 2005.090.3033.00 x86 DEVELOPER

SQL Server Integration Services 2005 ENU RTM 9.00.1399.00 x86 DEVELOPER

SQL Server Tools and Workstation Components 2005 ENU SP2 9.2.3033 x86 DEVELOPER

SQL Server Database Services 2005 (MSSQLSERVER) This update requires service pack 0. The service pack for product instance MSSQLSERVER is 2. Download the update for service pack 2

You're already on SP2 and trying to install a hotfix that was for RTM. KB932557 is included in SP2, meaning you have it already.

Also, looks like you didn't apply SP2 for SSIS, might want to do that.

• Thank you very much Adam.

What's interesting is that the update has been downloaded recently by Automatic Updates :angry:.

Of course I would like to install SSIS SP2 but I cannot find it at Microsoft Download Center. Could you please give me a hint?

Thanks again,

Dinu

• Dinu E Anastasiu (9/3/2008)

Thank you very much Adam.

What's interesting is that the update has been downloaded recently by Automatic Updates :angry:.

Of course I would like to install SSIS SP2 but I cannot find it at Microsoft Download Center. Could you please give me a hint?

Thanks again,

Dinu

No problem.

Here ya go: SQL Server 2005 SP2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply