CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER

• I have setup a package importing data into a SQL 2005 server from two SQL 2000 servers. The two others servers are part from a different network which is connected via Tunnel.

The downloads from one server is working perfect, the other one is very often (but not always) bringing the following message:

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio

------------------------------

Error at IMPORT_DIMs [Connection manager "UPXY_ERP"]:

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Timeout expired".

Error at Verkäufer_UPXY [UPXY_SalesMan [1]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "UPXY_ERP" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC020801C (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

BUTTONS:

OK

In Visual Studio the connection manager I can preview the data without delay from both servers,

But when executing only the task again there is an error:

[OLE DB Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "UPXY_ERP" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: component "OLE DB Source" (1) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.

Any idea?

Max

• Are you playing around with the SET FMTONLY ON\OFF settings in the proc or when executing the SQL?

• no, due to lack of knowledge I am not playing around with that (I am not only a newbie to this forum...).

I have "played around" with the settings for the password, and have "password encrypted sensitive". I do not think that this is causing the problem, as it is "sometimes" working fine.

Thx

Max

• Do u have a password to connect to your sql server? i.e. r u connecting with sql auth or win auth

• Does this package ever got executed in any other environment like DEV,QA or other. If you are using any execute sql tasks or using any for each loop container or variables then set the the properties connection string for each execute sql task.

Let me know if you have any questions

• ad vishal.gamji: I am connecting with windows authentification on the SQL 2005 server, the connection to the SQL 2000 is done with a SQL-auth (readonly-rights)

ad saidwarak01: I am not even sure if I understand your question. I have tried to run the package direct in Visual Studio, in the SQL-server and from the command-line. The command-line seems the way with the best chance of success, in the SQL-server I believe it never worked and in Visual Basic I have a problem with another connection (to Oracle), which is not coming up using the other possibilities... quite strange altogether, at least for a newbie...

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply