Cann't run the SSIS job using sql agent

• Hi all,

we have one new server installed with two instances. One is test and other is prod.

Server\prod instance is working good when i run ssis package using SQL Agent, But when i use Server\test I am getting the error:

Executed as user: Team\sqlserver. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 10.50.1600.1 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved. Started: 2:08:59 PM Could not load package "\MSDB\Package" because of error 0x80040E09. Description: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'sp_ssis_getpackage', database 'msdb', schema 'dbo'. Source: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 Started: 2:08:59 PM Finished: 2:08:59 PM Elapsed: 0.297 seconds. The package could not be loaded. The step failed.

I Have Sys admin privileges on that instance, Do i need more access? or Team\sqlserver needs anything more to execute the package?

Team\sqlserver has these privelages:

db_ssisoperator.

rs_execrole

db_ssisadmin

db_ssisltduser

sqlagentoperatorrole.

sqlagentreaderrole.

sqlagentuserrole.

Please help its urgent. I have searched so many forums since yesterday but couldn't get enough information about it.

I have also tried these :

use [msdb]

GO

GRANT EXECUTE ON [dbo].[sp_ssis_getpackage] TO [team\sqlserver]

GO

No matter what i try I am getting the error again.

Please help.

• Unfortunately, it's a rather common issue...

It seems like the SQL agent does not have appropriate permissions to execute the package.

One recommended solution is to add a proxy account with the permissions needed. Descriptions how to do it can be found for instance at those links:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd440760%28v=sql.100%29.aspx

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/60675

I did run into a similar issue just a couple of days ago and the proxy did help to fix it.

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply