CanShrink and CanGrow not working on Export

• Hello,

i am facing a problem in rdlc reporting that i place a text box on header that can be shrink and grow it works on fly but when i try to export pdf it behaves wrong, mean the header does to grow and shrink with control so the header miss the part of text box can any one suggest me what i am missing.

you can see the pictures

http://irfanurfi.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

first one is on fly it display correct

but the second one is exported to pdf that is not perfect

your help will really appriciatable

Kind Regards,

Irfan

• irfanullah (9/23/2008)

Hello,

i am facing a problem in rdlc reporting that i place a text box on header that can be shrink and grow it works on fly but when i try to export pdf it behaves wrong, mean the header does to grow and shrink with control so the header miss the part of text box can any one suggest me what i am missing.

Kind Regards,

Irfan

Irfan, I'm trying replicate your issue.

in thebody of your report you have text box with ther properties set to can grow?

Under that you have a table?

In the header section of the table you have the text

"We are pleased... ?

• let me explain you again...

i have a textbox on header section and its property of CanGrow and CanShrink is set to True. now if he grows up to 5 lines it will move down the body section. report viewer shows correct report on runtime. it moves down the body section but when i want to export to pdf the height of header sections remains constant which was designed it does not move down. so when text box grow upto 5 lines it occupies other textbox and overrides them. i put some images in my first post you can see the difference.

hope now you get my point. if you not clear this time please let me know i can explain you more

Kind Regards,

Irfan

• Per your last post and looking at the example posted on the web site>

On your table in your table header section of that table first textbox is "Notes" second is the one with the notes in it. Right?

Is there another table header line under that?

Is there a grouping under the header section?

per the example posted on your blogspot you are also missing the line that says "We are pleased ...." also the line after that which is the column labels. Also missing is the borders.

So I'm trying to replicate what you have.

Have you tried starting from scratch and running the report after every new change to it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply