cant connect from a machine

• Hi friends
    we've a app that connects to sql server. we installed our app on server and everyone in network has shortcut to that.it all works fine on all machines but we try to login on the server itself it says could not connect to server!!!

any ideas how to fix this ? is it ODBC driver problem ?? if so how do i update odbc driver on the server ??
    Thanks for ur ideas
  • i even tried to connect to our sql server from excel (data>>external data>&gt but got following error

[DBNMPNTW] specified sql server not found
  • even when i try to create a DSN i get following error

The setup routines for the SQL Server ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126".
  • Have you tried reinstalling the Client Tools? Also, are you using the standard SQL Server port number? If not, that could be part of the problem.

• Do your users have access (logins) on SQL Server?

-SQLBill

• Thanks for the replies guys.
    actually it had been working very well suddenly this problem started happening on the server.

i cant install sql client tools on that server bcoz sql server is on different machine and never had sql installation on the machine we're having problem.

i'll try to install MDAC and we'll see how it goes.it looks like the ODBC driver tampered.
    i ran component checker and it returned mismatches for 4 entries (MSADCE.DLL,MSADCO.DLL,MSADCS.DLL,MSDAPRST.DLL) .
  • Yes, Sqlbill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply