Can''t connect to server with AS

• Hi all, I'm a newbie and my English is not very good. Here is my problem:

I installed SQLS2000, SP3, Analysis Services and SQL2000.AS-KB88452 5-SP4-x86-ENU on my W2000 Professional 5.00.2195 SP4 - laptop. I do successfully connect to the SQL server on the local server using Enterprise Manager. But I can't connect to the AS server with Analysis Manager for the following reason: "unable to connect to the registry on the server (name), or you are not a member of the OLAP Administrators group on this server."

"c:\....\Microsoft Analysis Services\Bin" is shared to my user-id and I am a member of "Administrator" and "OLAP Administrators"

What is wrong? Who can help?

Regards

Wookie  

• I see you are runningWin 2000 but I understand that for XP this problem was solved in Analysis Services sp1.

• I don't know about effects running XP. My server and client is running W2K SP4 and I can't work with AS...

• Sorry - I was not clear.

This problem did occur under XP and was fixed by AS sp1. So perhaps AS sp1 would fix the problem under yuor W2k installation.

• I installed SQL2000.AS-KB88452 5-SP4-x86-ENU. I think this is AS sp4, is'nt it? Where can I download AS sp1?

• Hi Ralf - I think SQL service packs are cumulative so sp4 should include sp 1..3

I get mine here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290211/EN-US/

Allen

• Thanks, Allen,

though I installed sp3a, Analysis Services Version Build Number shows still the Original Release Nr.: 8.0.194

I should show: 8.0.760 for sp3 or sp3a

or 8.0.2039 for sp4. BUT IT DOES NOT

I forgot to say that I installed an SQLS 2000 Enterprise Edition "Evaluation Kit" - but on an new machine, and the evaluation-time is 120 days.  

Regards

Ralf

• Hi Ralf,

Yep .760 is sp3 (or 3a). How are you getting your SQL AS version number. I open Analysis manager -> right mouse Analysis Servers -> About Analysis Services -> dialogue box shows Version 8.0.760

Allen

• I installed sql2ksp3/x86/setup

but I did not install sql2ksp3/msolap/setup

so I had 8.0.760 on my SQL-Server BUT NOT on my AS-Server. Thanks Ralf

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply