Can't connect to SSIS

• Since adding a 2nd instance on my SQL box, the developers can no longer access SSIS. They have DTSAdmin, all the items required in MsDtsServer have been setup, and have been added to the Distributed DCOM Group.

I've found that SSIS doesn't recognize Instances. So, I've edited the 'MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml' in the 'Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn' folder on the server to look like this:

Still can't connect!

In order to connect from the client via SSMS, does this setting need to be on both the server and the client?

• I guess I don't understand what you mean about not being able to connect to SSIS from an instance of SQL Server in Management Studio. What aren't they able to do? See the packages in msdb? Build packages? Something else?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• They can no longer connect(login) to SSIS on that server

• I'm confused. I've been using SSIS since 2005, but I don't think I've ever "logged in" to SSIS. I've opened Business Intelligence Dev Studio (BIDS) to build/debug/refactor SSIS packages. I've assigned SSIS packages to SQL Agent jobs. I've run SSIS packages through command lines. But I don't think I've logged in to it.

What am I missing?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• after the developers launch SSMS they select Connect, then SSIS for that server, go to MSDB to view and run their packages.

• Hmm! I've never done that. Learn something new every day. I just tried it, on a server with just one instance, and got an error about RPC Server.

Are they getting an error message, or just nothing shows up at all?

Property of The Thread

• They are receiving the following error:

Cannot connect to myserver

Connect to SSIS Service on machine "myserver" failed:

Access Denied

• That looks like a security issue to me. "Access denied" usually means they don't have the necessary login rights.

Property of The Thread

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply