can't delete file after rename using file system task

• I had posted the similar type of issue before but unable to resolve,

Seniro what i had was, i have a process that will rename file, orgonal file is something like abc_12345678, and that will be renamed as abc.txt. and load that abc.txt data to database through automation. after loading done i will need to delete abc.txt and get another abc_1234444 and rename to abc.txt ..... so on i have process in loop to do for whole folder. i have use file system task, for each loop containeer for complete this process but every time when it rename the file, the file attribute has been set to read only and delete process fail. I could not resolve this issue. can any one help me out or if there is any other process i can utilize to fix this problem?

Thanks

Sagar

• This is an NTFS issue with your folder permissions. Look at the folder where you're files live and check out the permission settings at the folder level and for the user that your SSIS packaages run as . You may need to make your SSIS user the owner of the folder. Grant Full Control to that user at the very least.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Thanks for the reply, I think i already found the solution. what happen was when i used the file system and passed the variable where attribute properties was checked for read only which was default. i had to uncheck that able resolve this. it was easy enough but gave me a big time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply