Can''t get AdventureWorks to install

• Has anyone else had this problem?  I have the September CTP up and running perfectly, but cannot get the AdventureWorks demo DBs to install.  When I follow the directions in the BOL [what are we supposed to call BOL now?!!] to run Setup again, selecting the appropriate options, I get an error saying that no changes would be made to the system, so Setup will not continue.

Failing a resolution, I wonder how one could get hold of a copy of the DBs...

jc

• Have you tried to installed it manually. Locate the .msi on this folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Samples\SQLServerSamples.msi"

• Thanks Hendra.  Unfortunately there's no Samples folder under that tree.

The weird thing is, when I did the first attempt at install (which I had to uninstall because I inadvertently upgraded my 2000 version), the samples did install.  I can even still see the ghost of the file in my Google Desktop results.

(BTW I defragged and repartitioned before re-installing so it's pretty unlikely to be recoverable).

Would there be any issues with getting hold of a copy from someone?  I can't see any downloads on Google, but everything I have is properly licensed.

Also, how does one install a .msi?

Sorry to bombard you with more questions!

jc

• An .msi is installed by double-clicking it.

You could try downloading AdventureWorks from MSDN This download is for Express Edition, but I assume it is the same database and it is just not distributed with Express.

• Hey - great find!  Downloaded, set up and attached like a charm.  Thanks Chris.

I'll rootle around and try to get hold of the DW file some time later to have a crack at analysis services. 

Cheers

jc

PS BOL it is, then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply