Can't see the job steps and schedule

• Hi All,

I have an instance of SQL Server 2005 installed on a cluster and there are a few jobs that are scheduled. When I check the job properties, I see that the job steps are not visible at all, this is the case even for the job schedules. The jobs are running fine though.

But, when I open the Job Activity Monitor and check the job properties, then I can see the jobsteps and job schedule clearly.

I'm not sure why this is happening? Please enlighten me!!! (BTW I'm new to clustering)

Thanks guys!!!

• You must be able to see the job properties if you remote into the server.

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

• Thanks for the reply. Well, I did connect to the server but the only instance name that is present is that of the cluster. There is one more server which uses the same cluster name for the sql server instance. In both the places job steps and schedules are not visible.

We are currently using SQL Server 2005 SP2. Is this something to do with RTM versions of SSMS and SQL Tools?

Thanks

• There is another thread on this site where others have found that its a SP2 reinstall or something to that effect. http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic353013-146-1.aspx

I am having similar issues, only with SQL Server 2008 and only when rdp'd.

• use msdb

select * from dbo.sysjobsteps

Should show you steps for all jobs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply