CDE in SQL

• Does anyone know what is CDE in SQL? I have been asked this question on the interview but i had never heard about it. I tried searching it online but couldnt find any sources that explains me well.

Thanks in advace.

• Probably talking about a CTE.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190766.aspx

______________________________________________________________________________
    How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics.

• I've heard of TDE (transparent database encryption), CTE (common table expression), CDC (change data capture), never heard of a CDE.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I know it was not CTE or TDE. But, I might have misheard and it was CDC. I am not familiar with CDC as well 😀

• Walton - Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:11 PM

Does anyone know what is CDE in SQL? I have been asked this question on the interview but i had never heard about it. I tried searching it online but couldnt find any sources that explains me well.Thanks in advace.

I got asked about CDE today in an interview too, I got lost completely.

• bishopdogotheodore - Wednesday, August 1, 2018 9:57 AM

Walton - Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:11 PM

Does anyone know what is CDE in SQL? I have been asked this question on the interview but i had never heard about it. I tried searching it online but couldnt find any sources that explains me well.Thanks in advace.

I got asked about CDE today in an interview too, I got lost completely.

Was it in the context of Reporting, Reporting Services? I've heard that acronym in reference to custom data extensions in SSRS. And DPE (data processing extension) for the same thing. People make up their own acronyms at times. I've seen quite a few that really aren't standard or common.

Sue

• Best suggestion I can give if you hear an acronym you aren't familiar with ask what it means.  There are so many acronyms out there and SQL Server product so vast it is hard to keep up with all the changes.  If you don't know something, ask for more information.  That could easily spark a memory about something you read or learned about at a users group meeting or a SQL Saturday, or some other event.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply